A recipe that represents more than just a cookie. Originally made as the ingredients were non-perishable items, Anzac biscuits were sent overseas as they did not spoil during the travel and transportation to our Soldiers. This Anzac day, reflect and commemorate our fallen Australian and New Zealand Soldiers who served and died for our country. What better way than to bake some Crunchy Anzac Biscuits to share with family, friends and our veteran soldiers.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp boiled water
01. Pre heat fan forced oven at 150 degrees celsius, and line two baking sheets with baking paper to set aside.
02. Combine rolled oats, plain flour, sugar and coconut into a large bowl.
03. On a low heat, melt butter and honey in a small saucepan.
04. Once melted combine bi-carb soda and water together, and add to the melted butter and honey.
05. Continue stirring until combined.
06. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour contents of saucepan in the centre of the well made, and mix well.
07. Take spoonful of ingredients and roll into a ball with hands. Once placing them on the tray lightly press them down.
08. Put in the oven until golden brown. We did ours for about 20 minutes. Let them sit and harden out of the oven once golden for about 10 minutes.