There is something so gorgeous about homemade meringues. They are the perfect little sweet to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. Talk about a magic moment! These bad boys require a little patience for the best results, but, believe us, it is well worth it.
Makes about 45 meringues.
3 egg whites
¾ caster sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
100g white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 100? Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine egg whites and sugar.
- Whip on medium-high speed for 10-15 minutes, or until all sugar granules have dissolved.
- Add vinegar and food colouring, and whip for a further 20 seconds.
- Fill a piping bag, fit with a star nozzle, with meringue mixture.
- Pipe kissed onto baking trays.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool in the oven for at least 3 hours or overnight, with the door ajar.
- The next day, remove your meringues from the (cold) oven.
- Dip the bottoms of half your meringues in melted white chocolate. Then dip in sprinkles. Allow to dry.