Our fathers do so much for us (not only just helping bring us into the world!). They can be fiercely protective, help heal broken hearts, moonlight as personal chauffeurs and help finish all those leftovers. So, why not treat your dad to some deliciousness in the form of a skillet cookie. Best served piping hot out of the oven with a HUGE scoop of ice cream, this dessert can be single serve or many serves (depending on the size of your skillet).
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
120g unsalted butter
40g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g plain flour
½ tsp salt
½ baking powder
125g chocolate chips (or more)
Ice cream, sprinkles, cream, chocolate sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C Grease a 20cm oven-proof skillet (fry pan).
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add egg to butter mixture and beat on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to the butter mixture and combine on low speed until all flour has disappeared. You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Push cookie dough into greased skillet. Now is the time to add any extras such as Nutella, peanut butter, caramel, chopped chocolate bars, etc.
- Bake cookie for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of your favourite ice cream, sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
- Eat directly out of the skillet – it ALWAYS tastes better.